Congratulations to Colonel Kennth Knotts (H.S.) and Mrs. Joy McKarns (M.S.) on their nominations as exemplary teachers for the 2021 Ohio Teacher of the Year.
According to the Ohio Department of Education:
An Ohio Teacher of the Year applicant has the respect and admiration of their colleagues and:
1. Is an expert in their field who guides students of all backgrounds and abilities to achieve excellence
2. Collaborates with colleagues, students, and families to create a school culture of respect and success
3. Deliberately connects the classroom and key stakeholders to foster a strong community at large
4. Demostrates leadership and innovation in and outside of the classroom walls that embodies lifelong learning
5. Expresses themselves in an engaging and articulate way.