The first day of classes for all returning sophomores, juniors and seniors will be Thursday, August 15.
However, on Wednesday, August 14 returning students are encouraged to participate in one of the activities below, but it is not required.
If students so choose, this could be a day for them to explore different avenues and interests to help them make a more informed decision on life choices after high school. There are 3 different ideas listed below, but students are not limited to only these. Students are not required to participate.
Below are a few options for students to explore:
- Local Nursing Home and Hospitals
- Local Police and Fire Departments
- Local Churches, Synagogues, Mosques, or other places of worship
- Local Farms, Nurseries, or Parks & Recreation
- Elderly Neighbors
- Students could participate in a day of job shadowing. This experience may allow students to learn more about a career field they have interest in. It is the responsibility of the student to contact the site, arrange the time at which the student will arrive/leave, and arrange transportation to/from the site.
- Students may choose to arrange a visit to the college/university that they have interest in. Students should contact the Office of Admissions at the college and schedule the visit in advance.